FENLAND: Students achieve success in Glove of the Year competition
FOR the second year running a fashion student from the College of West Anglia has won the British Glove Association 2008 for prize for the most commercial design. Danielle Goodman of March wins a £500 prize, beating off stiff competition from some of the
FOR the second year running a fashion student from the College of West Anglia has won the British Glove Association 2008 for prize for the most commercial design.
Danielle Goodman of March wins a £500 prize, beating off stiff competition from some of the leading universities.
Danielle, a first year student studying the Foundation Degree in Fashion Design & Production will also receive a framed certificate and a week working with Dents, a major glove manufacturer.
Lucy James from Wisbech, a first year student on the BTEC National Diploma in Fashion & Clothing, was awarded runner-up for the Theatrical Production category. She will receive a framed certificate for her glove designed for 'Fagin - a pick pocketer's glove with a twist'.
You may also want to watch:
Both students have been invited to receive their prizes from the Worshipful Company of Glovers of London in July. They will be accompanied by fashion course director Michelle James.
Michelle said she was delighted that work completed by students from a rural area such as Fenland was winning prizes alongside students from top universities.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
Danni said: "I am very pleased with this outcome, the weeks work experience with Dents will be a great opportunity."
Lucy said she was excited and thrilled to be awarded her prize for a design inspired by the Saturday evening BBC TV programme 'I'll Do Anything' to choose a leading
Work by the students will be on display as part of the College of West Anglia, Isle Campus, Art and Design Exhibition 'Outstanding' which runs from June 17-21. Admission is free and is open to everyone.