FENLAND: Staff sickness forces closures of minor injuries unit at Doddington Hospital
TREATMENT of minor injuries at Doddington Hospital was suspended for a week on Monday because of staff sickness. NHS Cambridgeshire said the Minor Injuries Unit at the hospital will remain closed until Monday September 22. The nearest Minor Injuries servi
TREATMENT of minor injuries at Doddington Hospital was suspended for a week on Monday because of staff sickness.
NHS Cambridgeshire said the Minor Injuries Unit at the hospital will remain closed until Monday September 22.
The nearest Minor Injuries services are available at:
• The Princess of Wales Hospital, Ely - Open daily 08.30 - 18.00
You may also want to watch:
&bull: North Cambs Hospital, Wisbech - Open 08.30 - 18.00 Monday to Friday
Jackie Galwey, Acting County Lead for Adult Services at Cambridgeshire Community
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
Services said: "I would like to apologise to our patients that it has been necessary to
temporarily close the Doddington Minor Injuries Unit.
"The unit is run by a small team of specialist staff and due to unforeseen high levels of staff sickness it has been necessary to temporarily close this service.
"Unusually, we have six specialist staff off sick with a variety of illness and injury, which has meant we can't continue to provide this service. I apologise for any inconvenience or distress this may cause.
"We are redirecting patients to the alternative minor injuries units at The Princess of Wales Hospital, Ely or to North Cambs Hospital in Wisbech."
The Doddington Minor Injuries Unit is usually open Monday to Friday from 09.00 - 17.00. The unit sees around 30 to 40 patients each day treating minor ailments and injuries such as cuts, sprains and fractures.