FENLAND: Staff sickness forces closures of minor injuries unit at Doddington Hospital
TREATMENT of minor injuries at Doddington Hospital was suspended for a week on Monday because of staff sickness. NHS Cambridgeshire said the Minor Injuries Unit at the hospital will remain closed until Monday September 22. The nearest Minor Injuries servi
TREATMENT of minor injuries at Doddington Hospital was suspended for a week on Monday because of staff sickness.
NHS Cambridgeshire said the Minor Injuries Unit at the hospital will remain closed until Monday September 22.
The nearest Minor Injuries services are available at:
• The Princess of Wales Hospital, Ely - Open daily 08.30 - 18.00
&bull: North Cambs Hospital, Wisbech - Open 08.30 - 18.00 Monday to Friday
Jackie Galwey, Acting County Lead for Adult Services at Cambridgeshire Community
- 1 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 4 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 5 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 6 Elderly man scares off would-be burglar
- 7 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 8 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 9 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 10 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
Services said: "I would like to apologise to our patients that it has been necessary to
temporarily close the Doddington Minor Injuries Unit.
"The unit is run by a small team of specialist staff and due to unforeseen high levels of staff sickness it has been necessary to temporarily close this service.
"Unusually, we have six specialist staff off sick with a variety of illness and injury, which has meant we can't continue to provide this service. I apologise for any inconvenience or distress this may cause.
"We are redirecting patients to the alternative minor injuries units at The Princess of Wales Hospital, Ely or to North Cambs Hospital in Wisbech."
The Doddington Minor Injuries Unit is usually open Monday to Friday from 09.00 - 17.00. The unit sees around 30 to 40 patients each day treating minor ailments and injuries such as cuts, sprains and fractures.