FENLAND: Staff sickness forces closures of minor injuries unit at Doddington Hospital
TREATMENT of minor injuries at Doddington Hospital was suspended for a week on Monday because of staff sickness. NHS Cambridgeshire said the Minor Injuries Unit at the hospital will remain closed until Monday September 22. The nearest Minor Injuries servi
TREATMENT of minor injuries at Doddington Hospital was suspended for a week on Monday because of staff sickness.
NHS Cambridgeshire said the Minor Injuries Unit at the hospital will remain closed until Monday September 22.
The nearest Minor Injuries services are available at:
• The Princess of Wales Hospital, Ely - Open daily 08.30 - 18.00
You may also want to watch:
&bull: North Cambs Hospital, Wisbech - Open 08.30 - 18.00 Monday to Friday
Jackie Galwey, Acting County Lead for Adult Services at Cambridgeshire Community
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 6 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 10 Wisbech boss confident of upturn in fortunes thanks to new-look squad
Services said: "I would like to apologise to our patients that it has been necessary to
temporarily close the Doddington Minor Injuries Unit.
"The unit is run by a small team of specialist staff and due to unforeseen high levels of staff sickness it has been necessary to temporarily close this service.
"Unusually, we have six specialist staff off sick with a variety of illness and injury, which has meant we can't continue to provide this service. I apologise for any inconvenience or distress this may cause.
"We are redirecting patients to the alternative minor injuries units at The Princess of Wales Hospital, Ely or to North Cambs Hospital in Wisbech."
The Doddington Minor Injuries Unit is usually open Monday to Friday from 09.00 - 17.00. The unit sees around 30 to 40 patients each day treating minor ailments and injuries such as cuts, sprains and fractures.