FENLAND: South Holland MP to chair public meeting over fears of seven new wind turbines
SOUTH Holland MP John Hayes will chair a public meeting at the Royal British Legion Hall, Gas House Lane, Sutton Bridge on Friday to discuss convcerns over seven proposed wind turbines. The 127m high wind turbines are planned for Grange Farm (between Sut
SOUTH Holland MP John Hayes will chair a public meeting at the Royal British Legion Hall, Gas House Lane, Sutton Bridge on Friday to discuss concerns over seven proposed wind turbines.
The 127m high wind turbines are planned for Grange Farm (between Sutton Bridge and Tydd St Mary).
Friday's meeting will be co-chaired by Jenny Rowe, the Conservative Candidate for Sutton Elloe on Lincolnshire County Council. The meeting will start at 7.30pm and everyone is invited to attend.
John Hayes MP and County Council Conservative Candidate, Jenny Rowe say they have been contacted by a number of concerned residents about the proposals.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hayes said: "I would encourage as many local people as possible to attend the public meeting at the Royal British Legion Hall in Sutton Bridge on Friday 15th May, and make their views known about the proposals for seven industrial structures in the open countryside.
"South Holland District Council made a significant investment through their Landscape Capacity Study to identify suitable sites in our area for wind turbine developments. This site is outside of the areas considered to be highly suitable for wind turbines and is therefore a departure from the council's Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG) and their Local Plan.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 3 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 4 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 5 Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- 6 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 7 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 9 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 10 Firefighters left tackling 'deliberate' car blaze for over an hour