Fenland slimming consultants meet Vernon Kay at awards event
TWO Fenland Slimming World consultants celebrated the club s 40th anniversary at its annual awards and also got to meet TV star Vernon Kay. Valerie Stanford, who runs the Slimming World Group at Walsoken and the Queen Mary Centre in Wisbech, along with Ge
TWO Fenland Slimming World consultants celebrated the club's 40th anniversary at its annual awards and also got to meet TV star Vernon Kay.
Valerie Stanford, who runs the Slimming World Group at Walsoken and the Queen Mary Centre in Wisbech, along with Georgina Plumb, who runs the group in Sutton and Chatteris met Vernon at the awards event.
The awards event is to celebrate the achievements of the most successful slimmers.
Vernon, said: "I've met lots of inspirational people during my career, and Valerie, Georgina and Margaret Miles-Bramwell (founder and chairman) are all just that - inspirational.
You may also want to watch:
"It's amazing to think that back in 1969 Margaret had a dream to help people lose weight and now, more than 40 years later, that dream is a reality with thousands of Slmmming World consultants like Valerie and Georgina helping people to slim and achieve their own dream, every week."
Valerie said: Meeting Vernon was a wonderful way to end what's been a fabulous Ruby anniversary year.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Watches and electric display box stolen in village burglary
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets