Fenland slimming consultants meet Vernon Kay at awards event
TWO Fenland Slimming World consultants celebrated the club s 40th anniversary at its annual awards and also got to meet TV star Vernon Kay. Valerie Stanford, who runs the Slimming World Group at Walsoken and the Queen Mary Centre in Wisbech, along with Ge
TWO Fenland Slimming World consultants celebrated the club's 40th anniversary at its annual awards and also got to meet TV star Vernon Kay.
Valerie Stanford, who runs the Slimming World Group at Walsoken and the Queen Mary Centre in Wisbech, along with Georgina Plumb, who runs the group in Sutton and Chatteris met Vernon at the awards event.
The awards event is to celebrate the achievements of the most successful slimmers.
Vernon, said: "I've met lots of inspirational people during my career, and Valerie, Georgina and Margaret Miles-Bramwell (founder and chairman) are all just that - inspirational.
You may also want to watch:
"It's amazing to think that back in 1969 Margaret had a dream to help people lose weight and now, more than 40 years later, that dream is a reality with thousands of Slmmming World consultants like Valerie and Georgina helping people to slim and achieve their own dream, every week."
Valerie said: Meeting Vernon was a wonderful way to end what's been a fabulous Ruby anniversary year.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 4 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000