Local Slimming World Consultants Beat all the Stars, says Vernon Kay!
Two Slimming World Consultants celebrated the slimming clubs 40th anniversary in style by cuddling up to top television and radio presenter Vernon Kay at the companys annual Awards ceremony recently.
Valerie Stanford, who runs the Slimming World group at Walsoken Village Hall, Wisbech every Wednesday and Queen Mary Centre, Wisbech every Thursday and Georgina Plumb, who runs the Slimming World group at The Pavilion, Sutton(Ely) every Monday and Bricstan Room, Beside Church, Chatteris every Tuesday, met Vernon at Slimming Worlds glitzy event to celebrate the achievements of the most successful slimmers. The Radio One DJ, who also presents ITV1 shows Family Fortunes and Beat the Star, joined Slimming Worlds founder and chairman Margaret Miles-Bramwell to host the event in Birmingham.
He said: Ive met a lot of inspirational people during my career, and Valerie, Georgina and Margaret are all just that inspirational. Its amazing to think that back in 1969 Margaret had a dream to help people lose weight and now, more than 40 years later, that dream is a reality with thousands of Slimming World Consultants like Valerie and Georgina helping people to slim and achieve their own dreams every week.
They said: Meeting Vernon was a wonderful way to end whats been a fabulous Ruby anniversary year. At our Slimming World groups weve had a great time celebrating throughout 2009 and were going to keep that buzz and excitement going right through 2010 so we can help even more people to lose weight and improve their health.
This January were sure there are thousands of people out there making New Years Resolutions and pledging to lose weight. We want them to know that at Slimming World you can lose weight while still filling up with proper food like pasta, rice, potatoes, fruit and veg, fish, poultry and lean meat, so theres no need to ever go hungry, and at our groups youll find a room full of friendly and like-minded people ready to welcome you warmly and support you all the way to a new, slimmer you.
For more information or to join call Valerie on 01945 410448 or Georgina on 01354 694234.
- Ends -
Order in picture from left to right Valerie Stanford, Georgina Plumb
Notes to Editors
· For more information about the local Slimming World groups mentioned above please call Valerie Stanford on 01945 410448 or Georgina Plumb on 01354 694234. For more information about this press release or images please call Jeanette Scarfe at Slimming Worlds Head Office 01773 546085.
· Slimming World is the largest and most advanced slimming organisation in the UK. Margaret Miles-Bramwell OBE founded the company in 1969 and there are now 6,000 groups held weekly nationwide via a network of 2,500 Slimming World trained Consultants.
· In 2009 Slimming World celebrates its 40th Anniversary and four decades of helping people to lose weight without deprivation, guilt or hunger.
· 300,000 members attend Slimming World every week and achieve outstanding success.
· Members lose 17,857 stones every week: 2,551 stones every day, over 106 stones every hour, thats 1 stone 10 lbs lost every minute of every day with Slimming World.
· Slimming World pioneered Slimming World on Referral in the UK and actively supports the building of partnerships with the NHS and local authorities to develop effective strategies to manage overweight and obesity in the community. Slimming World works with university researchers and specialists in an active research programme to further knowledge of the causes and treatment of obesity.
· Slimming Worlds healthy eating plan, Food OptimisingÒ, and the principles behind Slimming Worlds philosophy are based on a deep understanding of the challenges faced by overweight people. Slimming World integrates practical, up-to-date dietary advice with a highly developed support system.
· Slimming World Consultants receive specific training in dietary aspects and the role of physical activity in weight control. The highly developed training focuses on facilitating behaviour change in a group environment, acknowledged by experts as being the most effective way to support long-term weight management.
Tel: 0844 892 0400
Fax: 0844 892 0401
Slimming World, Clover Nook Road, Somercotes, Alfreton, Derbyshire, DE55 4RF
Slimming World was awarded 6th Best Company to Work For by the Sunday Times in 2004, achieving Best for Leadership and Top 3 for Giving Something Back and has retained its Top 30 position for three consecutive years. In 2006 and 2007, we were awarded top rating Three Star Best Company status.
This E-mail and any files transmitted with it are private and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, the E-mail and any files have been transmitted to you in error and any copying, distribution or other use of the information contained in them is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this E-mail message amounts to a contractual or other legal commitment on the part of Slimming World unless confirmed by a communication signed by authorised Slimming World personnel.