Fenland slimmer loses four stone in four months after 30 years of being overweight
AFTER 30 years of being overweight and following a minor heart attack, slimmer Graham Nunn has lost four stone in just four months.
Mr Nunn, 56, joined Slimming World’s Upwell group after a prescribed diet proved unsuccessful.
He said: “I had a minor heart attack and last year was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. I knew my life was limited if I didn’t change.
“It really was the best decision I ever made - there was no way I could have lost this weight on my own.”
Mr Nunn said he can notice the difference and is confident he will lose even more weight this year.
He said: “I can walk a lot further now without getting breathless and even bend down to tie my own shoes - that might seem trivial to some people but I can assure you it’s not.”
The Upwell group is run by Vanessa Read, who became a consultant six months ago. She will now also run the group in Tydd St Giles, her home village.
- 1 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 2 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 3 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 4 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 5 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 8 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 9 Fenmen 'not far' from turning fortunes round despite second straight loss
- 10 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
• The Tydd group meets Mondays at the Community Centre, starting at 7.30pm. The Upwell group meets at the Methodist Church Hall on Thursdays, also at 7.30pm.
For more information contact 07789 074050 or visit www.slimmingworld.com/slimwithvanessa-read