Fenland school wants messages for future generations to raise money for new swimming pool
A PRIMARY school are asking residents to leave messages for future generations to help raise money to replace their dilapidated swimming pool.
In a bid to replace the old pool by Easter next year, staff at Gorefield Primary School will place a time capsule in the new foundations to help raise the �15,000 needed.
For �1 people can write whatever they like on an A4 piece of paper, an autobiography, and interesting facts or a shopping list with today’s prices to put in the capsule staff hope will be dug up in 50 years.
A spokesman said: “The last swimming pool was in place for around 50 years so we’re hoping the new one will be too. We’re imagining the excitement someone will have when they find the capsule in 2061.
“ It was 1961 50 years ago with The Beatles, swinging sixties fashion, average house prices etc., we’re looking for messages people would like to leave future generations. There are two sides to a piece of paper so you can indeed leave lots of stuff and interesting facts.”
You may also want to watch:
Around �5,000 has already been raised in barn dances, a Jamie Oliver and craft evening and a Halloween disco for children. An auction of deeds and promises takes place on Friday at the Woodmans Cottage.
When you have decided what to put on your sheet of paper, take it along to thew school with your �1 donation.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens