FENLAND: Roddons set for the great £220,000 give away to voluntary groups in 2009
RODDONS Housing Association is ready to give away around £220,000 to voluntary and community groups across Fenland. Application forms are now available for the second round of community funding from the housing association which is part of Circle Anglia,
RODDONS Housing Association is ready to give away around £220,000 to voluntary and community groups across Fenland.
Application forms are now available for the second round of community funding from the housing association which is part of Circle Anglia, one of the UK's largest providers of affordable housing.
The announcement follows Roddons promise when it was formed a year ago, to make £1million of community funding available to spend in the area over five years. Last year, 26 groups were funded for a variety of initiatives which ranged from a programme to help people suffering from mental health issues to purchasing musical instruments.
Managing director of Roddons, Pauline Ford said: "Many worthwhile projects were funded last time and we are expecting even more applications in this round.
You may also want to watch:
"The Community Fund will enable many people to improve their quality of life and I am delighted that local groups and organisations will be able to benefit, once again."
Groups can apply for up to £3,000 to spend on equipment or small projects or for more than £3,000 to spend on either large-scale projects or support for capital bids.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
All applicants will need to satisfy certain criteria and bids will need to demonstrate that they fit into one of the following four themes:
Children and Young People
Safer and Stronger Communities
Healthier Communities and Older People
Economic Development and the Environment
The closing date for applications is Friday February 6 and successful applicants will be notified within 30 days. If you would like an application pack, contact Wendy Coles, Community and Projects Officer on 01354 662813 or email email@example.com