FENLAND: Record turnout as runners collect trophies
MARATHON and relay runners attended the Fenland Running Club s annual presentation evening, held at Leverington Sports and Social Club. A record number of 80 guests arrived, several of whom were presented trophies in reward for their hard work. Presenting
MARATHON and relay runners attended the Fenland Running Club's annual presentation evening, held at Leverington Sports and Social Club.
A record number of 80 guests arrived, several of whom were presented trophies in reward for their hard work. Presenting the trophies were chairman Tim Chapman, coach Robin Parker and guest Jim Kennaway.
Stewart Sewell was crowned Club Champion and was awarded the First Male trophy. First Female trophy went to Lisa Jermey for showing considerable improvement over the past few months.
Marathon runner Jane Holmes collected the Most Improved Runner award. Fellow marathon runner, Maire Irlam, was awarded the Marathon trophy after she set a new ladies club record after completing her first marathon in just 3hrs 35mins.
You may also want to watch:
Beccy Cousins collected the Round Norfolk Relay award and the Time award in the same event.
A Special Award went to Louise Busby, one of the club's newest members. A second Special Award was given to Keith White for his 10 hour and 20 minutes successful 56 mile ultra race in South Africa. Other deserving winners include Trudy Sayell who got the New Members award, Cheryl Chapman for the Geoff Tye Memorial award, Steve Cockrell who got the Fenland Citizen Award and Clive Harrod who was given the Hayden Practice shield for his contributions to the club.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager