FENLAND: Record turnout as runners collect trophies
MARATHON and relay runners attended the Fenland Running Club s annual presentation evening, held at Leverington Sports and Social Club. A record number of 80 guests arrived, several of whom were presented trophies in reward for their hard work. Presenting
MARATHON and relay runners attended the Fenland Running Club's annual presentation evening, held at Leverington Sports and Social Club.
A record number of 80 guests arrived, several of whom were presented trophies in reward for their hard work. Presenting the trophies were chairman Tim Chapman, coach Robin Parker and guest Jim Kennaway.
Stewart Sewell was crowned Club Champion and was awarded the First Male trophy. First Female trophy went to Lisa Jermey for showing considerable improvement over the past few months.
Marathon runner Jane Holmes collected the Most Improved Runner award. Fellow marathon runner, Maire Irlam, was awarded the Marathon trophy after she set a new ladies club record after completing her first marathon in just 3hrs 35mins.
You may also want to watch:
Beccy Cousins collected the Round Norfolk Relay award and the Time award in the same event.
A Special Award went to Louise Busby, one of the club's newest members. A second Special Award was given to Keith White for his 10 hour and 20 minutes successful 56 mile ultra race in South Africa. Other deserving winners include Trudy Sayell who got the New Members award, Cheryl Chapman for the Geoff Tye Memorial award, Steve Cockrell who got the Fenland Citizen Award and Clive Harrod who was given the Hayden Practice shield for his contributions to the club.
- 1 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Veterans back for first time since lockdown began