FENLAND: Pooches looking for new homes visit pet shop to plead with customers
DOGS of all shapes and sizes visited a Fenland pet shop on Saturday, pleading with customers to give them a new home. After a number of dogs were rehomed successfully last year, Mary Higgins of VENGA Rescue returned to The Pet Shop in Station Road, March,
A CAMPAIGN to find dogs a new home proved so popular with customers that the event will be repeated tomorrow.
Saturday’s rehoming event at The Pet Shop in March, alongside VENGA Rescue, saw three dogs rehomed but a number of enquiries about rehoming a dog afterwards.
Rob Phipps, of The Pet Shop, said: “We had such good feedback and a few customers said they missed it, so some more dogs will be here tomorrow.”
Last year, the scheme between The Pet Shop and VENGA Rescue, run by Mary Higgins, found homes for a number of dogs.
You may also want to watch:
Potential owners visited the Station Road shop on Saturday, as well as a lot of people who rehomed dogs last year.
Mr Phipps said: “People were also buying them treats, and donations were made for VENGA to buy bags of dog food.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 9 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
“We thank everyone who turned up on the day. It was the first time Mary visited this year and she will visit many more times, with the next in a couple of weeks.”
Tomorrow’s event will take place at The Pet Shop, in Station Road, from 11am-3pm.
To find out more about offering a dog a home, call Mary on 01945 700293.