FENLAND: Police cordon off area of Benwick by River Nene after discovery of a body of a man
POLICE confirmed tonight that a body has been found by the River Nene at Benwick near March, Cambridgeshire. A police spokesman said the body was discovered by walkers around 1.20pm today (Saturday) and that a post mortem is now under way at Peterborough
POLICE confirmed tonight that a body has been found by the River Nene at Benwick near March, Cambridgeshire.
A police spokesman said the body was discovered by walkers around 1.20pm today (Saturday) and that a post mortem is now under way at Peterborough and District Hospital.
No information about the possible identity of the man - or his age- was given by police but they said the death was being treated as "unexplained."
Inspector Andy Sullivan of March Sector, explained that until the cause of death was known a police cordon would remain around the area of Benwick where the body was found.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Cambs Police: "At the moment we don't know anything more other than that this is an unexplained death and we are carrying out an investigation.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 3 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 4 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 7 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 8 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 9 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 10 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft