Fenland Pet of the Year 2008
THERE S been a massive entry for this year s Fenland Pet of the Year promoted by the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard. Entries are well up on last year which but now comes the moment of truth for the lucky owner who will win a specially commissioned paint
THERE'S been a massive entry for this year's Fenland Pet of the Year promoted by the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard.
Entries are well up on last year which but now comes the moment of truth for the lucky owner who will win a specially commissioned painting produced by Anita Davies, whose highly popular column is featured every week in your favourite local paper.
Which pet do you prefer? The winner will be chosen by our readers and the pet who gains the most votes wins - it's as simple and straightforward as that.
To vote for your favourite pet, just dial 0901 307 0098 and then key in the three digit number that appears with each pet in our gallery (follow the link below) e.g. if you wanted to vote for pet 025 you would dial 0901 307 0098 and then use the key pad on your phone to key in 025 after the tone.
It's as simple and easy as that. Calls will cost 50p from a UK landline but do remember that calls made from a mobile phone may be substantially higher.
And remember if you are not the bill payer, please seek permission before making your call.
- 1 Man alleged to have kidnapped child sparks heavy police presence
- 2 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 3 Fraudster rented out homes for cannabis factories worth over £300k
- 4 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 5 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 6 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
- 7 Man suspected of touching child outside supermarket
- 8 Wisbech based Alan Hudson centre receives third outstanding award
- 9 Man who glassed another man in the head after a fight jailed
- 10 Cops catch out suspected drug driver who faked identity
Lines close on Friday June 27 and the winning pet will be announced in the following week's edition.
However if you can't wait till then please check with our websites- we plan to announce the winner on our website at noon on June 30.
PS: If you prefer to enter by post please obtain a copy of the Wisbech Standard or Cambs Times, week ending June 13, 2008.