Community orchard to launch next month
- Credit: CP Learning Trust
A community orchard will launch in Wisbech next month thanks to a £246,000 grant, which will cover three years of funding.
CP Learning Trust received the National Lottery heritage fund grant for the Fenland orchards project on Lynn Road.
To officially launch the project, the trust will be holding an Apple Day festival in Wisbech Park on Saturday October 23 from 11am-4pm.
Supported through the National Lottery Heritage Fund, the project will provide local people opportunities to take part in events, volunteer opportunities, workshops and other activities over the next three years.
CP Learning Trust CEO, Gaynor Cooper said: “We are delighted to be able to run this project highlighting the rich history and heritage of orchards in the Fenland area.
You may also want to watch:
“We look forward to working alongside residents and are grateful for the support we’ve received from National Lottery players."
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Watches and electric display box stolen in village burglary
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer