FENLAND: One dead and two injured in crash on notorious Fenland road.
A MAN died and two more were injured in a five-vehicle crash close to a notorious Fenland road. The crash happened on the B1040 between Whittlesey and Thorney, close to the junction with North Bank, at 5.35pm yesterday (Wednesday). It involved four cars –
A MAN died and two more were injured in a five-vehicle crash close to a notorious Fenland road.
The crash happened on the B1040 between Whittlesey and Thorney, close to the junction with North Bank, at 5.35pm yesterday (Wednesday).
It involved four cars - a white Vauxhall Corsa, a black Audi A4, a silver Audi A4 and a silver Ford Focus - and a cyclist.
The driver of the Corsa - whose details have not been released by police - suffered fatal injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the black Audi, a 49-year-old man from Market Deeping, and a passenger, a 22-year-old man from March, suffered minor injuries and were taken to Peterborough District Hospital. No-one else was injured.
Pc Steve Edwards, investigating the crash, said: "I would like to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time of the collision and witnessed this incident."
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 3 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 4 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 5 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 8 Cambridgeshire care homes back compulsory Covid-19 jabs for staff
- 9 Urgent police appeal to find man missing since Thursday
- 10 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
The man's death is the sixth in the vicinity of the Dog In A Doublet pub, on the junction of North Bank and the B1040, since 2004.
CONTACT: Pc Edwards of the roads policing unit on 0845 456 4564.