FENLAND: One dead and two injured in crash on notorious Fenland road.
A MAN died and two more were injured in a five-vehicle crash close to a notorious Fenland road. The crash happened on the B1040 between Whittlesey and Thorney, close to the junction with North Bank, at 5.35pm yesterday (Wednesday). It involved four cars –
A MAN died and two more were injured in a five-vehicle crash close to a notorious Fenland road.
The crash happened on the B1040 between Whittlesey and Thorney, close to the junction with North Bank, at 5.35pm yesterday (Wednesday).
It involved four cars - a white Vauxhall Corsa, a black Audi A4, a silver Audi A4 and a silver Ford Focus - and a cyclist.
The driver of the Corsa - whose details have not been released by police - suffered fatal injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the black Audi, a 49-year-old man from Market Deeping, and a passenger, a 22-year-old man from March, suffered minor injuries and were taken to Peterborough District Hospital. No-one else was injured.
Pc Steve Edwards, investigating the crash, said: "I would like to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time of the collision and witnessed this incident."
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 9 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 10 How was conman hired as NHS finance boss five months after being unmasked?
The man's death is the sixth in the vicinity of the Dog In A Doublet pub, on the junction of North Bank and the B1040, since 2004.
CONTACT: Pc Edwards of the roads policing unit on 0845 456 4564.