FENLAND: Muir Housing Association tenants get an early Christmas gift
CHRISTMAS is coming early to tenants living in Fenland after receiving an early Christmas present from housing association, Muir Group. The association has signed up to a scheme with energy provider EDF Energy, the green support services company eaga and
CHRISTMAS is coming early to tenants living in Fenland after receiving an early Christmas present from housing association, Muir Group.
The association has signed up to a scheme with energy provider EDF Energy, the green support services company eaga and the Housing Corporation to offer free energy saving light bulbs to all its residents.
Each tenant at the Muir Group's properties in Fenland will receive four free energy saving light bulbs from EDF Energy. This will save tenants money on their electricity bills and reduce carbon emissions across Muir Group's housing stock.
The energy saving light bulbs have a life span ten times longer than a regular bulb and use 80 per cent less energy. The scheme aims to save 1.14 million tonnes of CO2 over a ten year period.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Scott, director of housing services at Muir Group, said: "Making our homes more energy efficient is a key priority of ours. We are delighted to be joining this scheme and, at a time of rising energy prices, we believe that this will help our residents save money whilst also making our homes more environmentally friendly.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 10 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days