FENLAND: MP Malcolm Moss attends Commons briefing on Royal Anglian Regiment and meets some troops
FENLAND MP Malcolm Moss took up the invitation to meet with members of the Royal Anglian regiment at a special briefing held in the House of Commons. The awareness raising event included other MPs from the eastern region, all of whom who have constituents
FENLAND MP Malcolm Moss took up the invitation to meet with members of the Royal Anglian regiment at a special briefing held in the House of Commons.
The awareness raising event included other MPs from the eastern region, all of whom who have constituents within the regiment.
The briefing was hosted by the Colonel of the Royal Anglian Regiment, General Sir John McColl, Deputy Supreme Allied Commander of Europe. The General addressed the MPs and concluded by noting that The Regiment, with its various constituent parts, was more akin to a family; and that this family had their roots deep in their
Home Counties "from which came a ready supply of brave young men, together with the moral support necessary to sustain them through difficult times".
You may also want to watch:
Mr Moss, MP for NE Cambs, praised the regiment's work following their recent tours in Iraq.
'We are privileged to have such a dedicated and brave group of men and women serving in our Armed Forces," he said.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 7 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
"I am proud of the Royal Anglian Regiment and pleased to note that some of my constituents serve the country as part of this regiment.'