FENLAND: MP Malcolm Moss attends Commons briefing on Royal Anglian Regiment and meets some troops
FENLAND MP Malcolm Moss took up the invitation to meet with members of the Royal Anglian regiment at a special briefing held in the House of Commons. The awareness raising event included other MPs from the eastern region, all of whom who have constituents
FENLAND MP Malcolm Moss took up the invitation to meet with members of the Royal Anglian regiment at a special briefing held in the House of Commons.
The awareness raising event included other MPs from the eastern region, all of whom who have constituents within the regiment.
The briefing was hosted by the Colonel of the Royal Anglian Regiment, General Sir John McColl, Deputy Supreme Allied Commander of Europe. The General addressed the MPs and concluded by noting that The Regiment, with its various constituent parts, was more akin to a family; and that this family had their roots deep in their
Home Counties "from which came a ready supply of brave young men, together with the moral support necessary to sustain them through difficult times".
You may also want to watch:
Mr Moss, MP for NE Cambs, praised the regiment's work following their recent tours in Iraq.
'We are privileged to have such a dedicated and brave group of men and women serving in our Armed Forces," he said.
- 1 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 5 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 9 Emporium takes business to next level
- 10 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
"I am proud of the Royal Anglian Regiment and pleased to note that some of my constituents serve the country as part of this regiment.'