FENLAND: Massive spending programme for surface dressing roads starts on Monday
A �220,000 programme of surface dressing in Fenland is due to start on June 9. Local residents will be notified by letter and are asked to make sure parked vehicles are removed to help the work be carried out as quickly as possible. The schemes include: S
A �220,000 programme of surface dressing in Fenland is due to start on June 9.
Local residents will be notified by letter and are asked to make sure parked vehicles are removed to help the work be carried out as quickly as possible.
The schemes include:
Sixteen Foot Road, Wimblington - between Stonea underpass and Bedlam Bridge - June 9.
You may also want to watch:
During the works the road will be closed and diversion routes will be signed via B1093 Boots Road, Manea / Station Road, Manea / Manea Fifties / B1100 Padgetts Road, Christchurch.
Hooks Drove, June 10, and Long Drove ,June 11, Gorefield - during the works both roads will be closed and diversion routes will be signed via C32, Parson Drove / B1187 Murrow Bank / Mill Road, Murrow.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 10 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
B1101 Wimblington Road and The Avenue, June 11, - during the works traffic management will be controlled using stop / go boards and convoy working to reduce the speed of traffic through the works to assist health and safety for the workforce carrying out the works.
Birch Close and Birch Avenue, Chatteris, July 1.
Fullers Lane, Wimblington -July 1 2009.
Popple Drove and Allens Drove, Gorefield - July 2 2009 - during the works both roads will be closed and diversion routes will be signed as follows: Popple Drove - via Chalk Road / High Side / B1166 Leverington Common. Allens Drove - via Chalk Road / Highside / Decoy Road.
Charlie Bedford, Highway Supervisor, for Cambridgeshire County Council, said: "This surface dressing should improve the road and prolong its life. We would like to thank residents and motorists in advance for moving their vehicles and patience while we carry out these essential works.