FENLAND: March man killed in two-vehicle collision in Wisbech.
A MAN from March was killed in a two-vehicle collision in Wisbech yesterday (Sunday). The collision happened on the B1101 March Road at about 11.15am, and involved a blue Toyota Corolla and a silver Chevrolet Lacetti. James Robert Norton, 21, of Camargue
A MAN from March was killed in a two-vehicle collision near Friday Bridge yesterday (Sunday).
The collision happened on the B1101 March Road at about 11.15am, and involved a blue Toyota Corolla and a silver Chevrolet Lacetti.
James Robert Norton, 21, of Camargue Drive, the driver of the Toyota, was killed. The driver of the Chevrolet, a 60-year-old man of Cape Lane, Emneth, suffered minor injuries and was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn.
Fire crews from Wisbech and Dogsthorpe attended the collision and used specialist cutting equipment to release both casualties from the cars.
Pc Dave Halling, investigating, said: “We would like to hear from anyone who may have seen this collision take place, or saw either of these vehicles in the moments leading up to the collision.
“Any information, no matter how small, could help us to discover how this collision occurred.”
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 3 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 4 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 5 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 6 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 7 Jury deliberates in trial of driver accused of causing baby’s death
- 8 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 9 More than 1,000 children in need of fostering in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
CONTACT: Pc Halling on 0845 456 4564.