‘Extremely violent’ Fenland man jailed for three years following ‘horrific’ attack on his partner
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech man who ‘lashed out in a fit of jealousy’, kicking, punching and threatening to burn his partner’s hair has been jailed for three years.
Leon Brazil, of Clydesdale Biggs Road in Wisbech, admitted assault causing actual bodily harm and assault by beating when he was due to face trial earlier this year.
The 40-year-old – who has more than 50 previous convictions – was arrested in December last year (2017) following an attack on his then partner the month before.
The court heard how Brazil lashed out in a fit of jealousy, kicking her and punching her and threatening to burn her hair off.
Detective Constable Amanda Pickering said: “Brazil is an extremely violent individual who despite having a number of convictions has not changed his ways.
“The victim’s injuries were truly horrific – no one should have to go through that and suffer the pain that she did.
“I hope that over the next few years during his time in prison it will give him chance to reflect on his actions.”
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 3 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 4 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 5 Farm shop's green light for outdoor seating and play area
- 6 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 7 Partygoer who claimed ADHD caused him to kill jailed for life
- 8 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 9 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 10 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
On Wednesday (June 13), Brazil appeared at Peterborough Crown Court and was sentenced to three years in prison for assault causing actual bodily harm and three months for assault by beating, to run concurrently.
Information and advice about domestic abuse can be found on the force website at www.cambs.police.uk/domesticabuse