‘Extremely violent’ Fenland man jailed for three years following ‘horrific’ attack on his partner
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech man who ‘lashed out in a fit of jealousy’, kicking, punching and threatening to burn his partner’s hair has been jailed for three years.
Leon Brazil, of Clydesdale Biggs Road in Wisbech, admitted assault causing actual bodily harm and assault by beating when he was due to face trial earlier this year.
The 40-year-old – who has more than 50 previous convictions – was arrested in December last year (2017) following an attack on his then partner the month before.
The court heard how Brazil lashed out in a fit of jealousy, kicking her and punching her and threatening to burn her hair off.
Detective Constable Amanda Pickering said: “Brazil is an extremely violent individual who despite having a number of convictions has not changed his ways.
You may also want to watch:
“The victim’s injuries were truly horrific – no one should have to go through that and suffer the pain that she did.
“I hope that over the next few years during his time in prison it will give him chance to reflect on his actions.”
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 4 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
On Wednesday (June 13), Brazil appeared at Peterborough Crown Court and was sentenced to three years in prison for assault causing actual bodily harm and three months for assault by beating, to run concurrently.
Information and advice about domestic abuse can be found on the force website at www.cambs.police.uk/domesticabuse