‘Extremely violent’ Fenland man jailed for three years following ‘horrific’ attack on his partner
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech man who ‘lashed out in a fit of jealousy’, kicking, punching and threatening to burn his partner’s hair has been jailed for three years.
Leon Brazil, of Clydesdale Biggs Road in Wisbech, admitted assault causing actual bodily harm and assault by beating when he was due to face trial earlier this year.
The 40-year-old – who has more than 50 previous convictions – was arrested in December last year (2017) following an attack on his then partner the month before.
The court heard how Brazil lashed out in a fit of jealousy, kicking her and punching her and threatening to burn her hair off.
Detective Constable Amanda Pickering said: “Brazil is an extremely violent individual who despite having a number of convictions has not changed his ways.
You may also want to watch:
“The victim’s injuries were truly horrific – no one should have to go through that and suffer the pain that she did.
“I hope that over the next few years during his time in prison it will give him chance to reflect on his actions.”
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
On Wednesday (June 13), Brazil appeared at Peterborough Crown Court and was sentenced to three years in prison for assault causing actual bodily harm and three months for assault by beating, to run concurrently.
Information and advice about domestic abuse can be found on the force website at www.cambs.police.uk/domesticabuse