Fenland man killed when his MG Rover left A47 and collided with lamp post is identified
A MAN who died after his car careered off a Fenland road and crashed into a lamp post has been identified by police.
Peter Woodham, 30, of Westfields, Tilney St Lawrence, died from the injuries he sustained when his silver MG Rover left the A47 and collided with a lamp post at about 5am on Sunday.
He was travelling through Tilney All Saints, towards Wisbech, when his vehicle left the road close to the roundabout.
Mr Woodham’s parents, who today released the following statement, said: “It is tragic that Peter was taken so suddenly from us.
“He was an easy-going, likeable person who enjoyed life and was a loving father to his two girls and his partner’s children.
You may also want to watch:
“He loves his sport, especially fishing and football, his favourite team being Liverpool Football Club.”
A passenger in the car suffered minor injuries.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
Anyone with information regarding the collision should Pc Steve Crowley in the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 0845 456 4567.