Fenland man killed when his MG Rover left A47 and collided with lamp post is identified
A MAN who died after his car careered off a Fenland road and crashed into a lamp post has been identified by police.
Peter Woodham, 30, of Westfields, Tilney St Lawrence, died from the injuries he sustained when his silver MG Rover left the A47 and collided with a lamp post at about 5am on Sunday.
He was travelling through Tilney All Saints, towards Wisbech, when his vehicle left the road close to the roundabout.
Mr Woodham’s parents, who today released the following statement, said: “It is tragic that Peter was taken so suddenly from us.
“He was an easy-going, likeable person who enjoyed life and was a loving father to his two girls and his partner’s children.
You may also want to watch:
“He loves his sport, especially fishing and football, his favourite team being Liverpool Football Club.”
A passenger in the car suffered minor injuries.
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
Anyone with information regarding the collision should Pc Steve Crowley in the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 0845 456 4567.