FENLAND: Loopy Lou named winner in Pet of Year and owner receives our special painting
THE Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard had an extra special visitor this week when the loveable Loopy Lou paid our offices a visit. Loopy Lou, was named the Wisbech Standard and Cambs Times Pet of the Year in our recent competition. She was brought to the o
THE Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard had an extra special visitor this week when the loveable Loopy Lou paid our offices a visit.
Loopy Lou, was named the Wisbech Standard and Cambs Times Pet of the Year in our recent competition.
She was brought to the office by owner Julie Hutton to collect the prize of a beautiful picture of Loopy Lou painted by Anita Davies our columnist.
Mrs Hutton, said: "I am delighted with the picture it is wonderful, it will take pride of place in our home."
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Hutton took in Loopy Lou after she spotted her on a website with an appeal to find the dog a new home.
She said that once she realised the cute Border collie puppy had been passed from pillar to post in its short life and that the dog was also deaf, she decided there was nothing for it - she would have to take her in.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
Months later the pair are defying the odds and little Loopy Lou is proving she is a complete success in agility tests - despite her disability.
She has already achieved awards with the Kennel Club for its obedience classes for pet dogs and also training towards her Good Citizens award.
Mrs Hutton hopes to begin competition in agility shows with her in October.
Mrs Hutton, runs Pampered Pooches grooming parlour in Leverington.