FENLAND: Labour Minister on whistle stop tour of Cambs and the Fens to launch local survey
A GOVERNMENT minister has been on a whistle stop tour of Cambridgeshire and helped to launch a survey on issues affecting people in the Fens. Peter Roberts, Labour s Parliamentary spokesman for North East Cambridgeshire, launched the survey with the Rt Ho
A GOVERNMENT minister has been on a whistle stop tour of Cambridgeshire and helped to launch a survey on issues affecting people in the Fens.
Peter Roberts, Labour's Parliamentary spokesman for North East Cambridgeshire, launched the survey with the Rt Hon Hazel Blears MP, Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government.
The "Fens First Survey" contains questions regarding local and national issues and is available for residents of North East Cambridgeshire to fill out on
You may also want to watch:
The results of the survey will be fed into the local Labour Party's manifesto for the county council elections next year and future elections.
Mr Roberts spent over an hour talking to Hazel Blears about the concerns of people who have already taken the time to contact him.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 6 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 10 Wisbech boss confident of upturn in fortunes thanks to new-look squad
The major issues covered during the discussion included public transport, education and the clear need to improve road safety across the Fens.
Ms Blears said "It was a pleasure to meet Peter and to discuss some of the messages he has received over the past few months.
"I hope the people of North East Cambridgeshire will take a few moments to fill out the online survey as Peter has promised to discuss the results with me at the Labour Party Conference."
Residents can also write to the local Labour Party passing on their views to 1, Hereward Road, Wisbech, PE13 2HA.