FENLAND: Jo wins a home make-over as a reward for being a model resident
JO Page is the first model resident to win in a new scheme launched by Roddons Housing Association rewarding residents who keep to their tenancy agreement. A delighted Jo won herself a house make-over after being placed in a draw for being a model tenan
JO Page is the first 'model' resident to win in a new scheme launched by Roddons Housing Association rewarding residents who keep to their tenancy agreement.
A delighted Jo won herself a house make-over after being placed in a draw for being a model tenant and paying her rent on time.
The teams from Roddons and the Apollo Group worked hard around the clock to give her two-bed home in Tydd St Giles a makeover in just seven days.
The Roddons Rewards' scheme was brought to life last year to show residents how the housing association appreciates and values residents' efforts to keep to their tenancy agreement and stay up to date with rent payments.
You may also want to watch:
Every six months, Roddons, in conjunction with the Apollo Group is giving away one main prize worth up to �2,000, where the winner will be able to choose a home or garden make-over. The rewards scheme also contains special holiday and quarterly prizes, worth �250.
A nursing assistant, Jo has been living in her property for six years together with her son Jez. Their makeover included the fitting of new wooden doors, new architrave and skirting, new fitted carpets, work on the chimney and decoration work in various rooms.
- 1 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 4 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 5 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 6 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 7 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 8 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
Jo said: "I am thrilled thanks to everyone from Roddons and Apollo for making it happen. My home is my castle and I believe it is a great concept to reward the 'good' tenants. It really shows that we can make a difference and Roddons cares about its tenants."
Peter Fulcher, Regional Director of the Apollo Group said: "Throughout Apollo's Decent Homes work for Roddons we have enjoyed meeting many local residents and getting involved in the community. When the prize winner was announced for Roddons Rewards we were only too happy to help and hope Mrs Page enjoys her rejuvenated home.