FENLAND: Hunt is on for the man who paid �600 to hire equipment and has not been since
A FIRM in Wisbech received a call from a man who hired a Kubota mini digger, a Benford hydraulic breaker and two disc cutters. The cost of the hire – �600 – was taken off the man s bank card and the machinery was delivered to a small building site on the
A FIRM in Wisbech received a call from a man who hired a Kubota mini digger, a Benford hydraulic breaker and two disc cutters.
The cost of the hire - �600 - was taken off the man's bank card and the machinery was delivered to a small building site on the corner of Broadgate Lane and Spalding Road, in Deeping St James, near Market Deeping, on February 2.
The hire period has expired and the man has not been contactable for some time.
The incident was reported to police on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for information about the machinery, which may have been sold on.
They are also warning hire firms to be aware of this activity and to review their security procedures and methods of checking customers' identities.
- 1 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
n Anyone with any information can call Stamford police station on 01780 752222, quoting incident number 105 of February 12.