FENLAND: Hunt is on for the man who paid �600 to hire equipment and has not been since
A FIRM in Wisbech received a call from a man who hired a Kubota mini digger, a Benford hydraulic breaker and two disc cutters. The cost of the hire – �600 – was taken off the man s bank card and the machinery was delivered to a small building site on the
A FIRM in Wisbech received a call from a man who hired a Kubota mini digger, a Benford hydraulic breaker and two disc cutters.
The cost of the hire - �600 - was taken off the man's bank card and the machinery was delivered to a small building site on the corner of Broadgate Lane and Spalding Road, in Deeping St James, near Market Deeping, on February 2.
The hire period has expired and the man has not been contactable for some time.
The incident was reported to police on Thursday.
Police are appealing for information about the machinery, which may have been sold on.
They are also warning hire firms to be aware of this activity and to review their security procedures and methods of checking customers' identities.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 5 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 Stress, anxiety, mental health and depression prompt rise in days off
n Anyone with any information can call Stamford police station on 01780 752222, quoting incident number 105 of February 12.