FENLAND: Hunt is on for the man who paid �600 to hire equipment and has not been since
A FIRM in Wisbech received a call from a man who hired a Kubota mini digger, a Benford hydraulic breaker and two disc cutters. The cost of the hire – �600 – was taken off the man s bank card and the machinery was delivered to a small building site on the
A FIRM in Wisbech received a call from a man who hired a Kubota mini digger, a Benford hydraulic breaker and two disc cutters.
The cost of the hire - �600 - was taken off the man's bank card and the machinery was delivered to a small building site on the corner of Broadgate Lane and Spalding Road, in Deeping St James, near Market Deeping, on February 2.
The hire period has expired and the man has not been contactable for some time.
The incident was reported to police on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for information about the machinery, which may have been sold on.
They are also warning hire firms to be aware of this activity and to review their security procedures and methods of checking customers' identities.
- 1 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 2 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 3 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 4 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 5 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 6 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 7 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Man, 21, with 15,000 indecent images and videos plus 'paedophile manual' spared jail
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
n Anyone with any information can call Stamford police station on 01780 752222, quoting incident number 105 of February 12.