FENLAND: GP practices now offering extended opening hours in county-wide overhaul.
MAJOR improvements to GP opening hours across the county have been announced by NHS Cambridgeshire – with nine practices in Fenland included in the overhaul. More than half of the 76 practices across Cambridgeshire are now offering extended hours, after p
MAJOR improvements to GP opening hours across the county have been announced by NHS Cambridgeshire - with nine practices in Fenland included in the overhaul.
More than half of the 76 practices across Cambridgeshire are now offering extended hours, after patients asked for improved access to their GP.
Patients wanted to see GPs opening earlier in the morning, later in the evening and at weekends.
Dr Dennis Cox, Director of Clinical Redesign and Service Improvement, NHS Cambridgeshire, said: "Negotiations between NHS Cambridgeshire and GPs have been extremely positive.
"Over time, we hope that other Cambridgeshire practices will extend their opening hours."
The Fenland practices now offering extended opening hours are:
- 1 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 4 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 5 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Care at Home – because home (truly) is where the heart is…
- 8 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 9 Sex offender case adjourned due to judge's concerns
- 10 Whistleblower shares story of bullying, fatigue and 'dangerous' hours at ambulance service
• George Clare Surgery, Chatteris
• Jenner Health Centre, Whittlesey
• Manea Surgery
• Mercheford House Surgery, March
• New Queen Street Surgery, Whittlesey
• North Brink Surgery, Wisbech
• Parson Drove Surgery
• Riverside Practice, March
• Trinity Surgery, Wisbech
Patients should contact their surgery directly for full details about extended hours.