FENLAND: GP practices now offering extended opening hours in county-wide overhaul.
MAJOR improvements to GP opening hours across the county have been announced by NHS Cambridgeshire – with nine practices in Fenland included in the overhaul. More than half of the 76 practices across Cambridgeshire are now offering extended hours, after p
MAJOR improvements to GP opening hours across the county have been announced by NHS Cambridgeshire - with nine practices in Fenland included in the overhaul.
More than half of the 76 practices across Cambridgeshire are now offering extended hours, after patients asked for improved access to their GP.
Patients wanted to see GPs opening earlier in the morning, later in the evening and at weekends.
Dr Dennis Cox, Director of Clinical Redesign and Service Improvement, NHS Cambridgeshire, said: "Negotiations between NHS Cambridgeshire and GPs have been extremely positive.
"Over time, we hope that other Cambridgeshire practices will extend their opening hours."
The Fenland practices now offering extended opening hours are:
- 1 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 4 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 5 Pupils take to the dance floor to raise £500 for Children in Need
- 6 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 7 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
• George Clare Surgery, Chatteris
• Jenner Health Centre, Whittlesey
• Manea Surgery
• Mercheford House Surgery, March
• New Queen Street Surgery, Whittlesey
• North Brink Surgery, Wisbech
• Parson Drove Surgery
• Riverside Practice, March
• Trinity Surgery, Wisbech
Patients should contact their surgery directly for full details about extended hours.