FENLAND: Fire crews- and two fire stations- recognised in annual awards by Fire service
FIRE and rescue service staff from Fenland – and two of our fire stations- featured in this year s awards from Cambridgeshire Fire Service. About 160 guests arrived at the Marriott Hotel in Huntingdon for the ceremony, including recipients of medals, winn
FIRE and rescue service staff from Fenland - and two of our fire stations- featured in this year's awards from Cambridgeshire Fire Service.
About 160 guests arrived at the Marriott Hotel in Huntingdon for the ceremony, including recipients of medals, winners of awards and their families.
Hosts for the evening were Chief Fire Officer Graham Stagg and BBC Look East presenter Janine Machin.
Awards presented on the evening included:
You may also want to watch:
Long Service and Good Conduct Medal
Graham Brighty - Crew Manager at Wisbech Fire Station
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 8 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
Excellence in Community Safety Award: Wisbech Fire Station for its outstanding contribution to tackling youth crime, working with the multi-agency Youth Inclusion Support Panel (YISP).
Guests were told that this initiative has been a real team effort involving the whole station - both operational staff and those in various support roles - and has been extremely successful in achieving the aim of preventing young people from re-offending.
Team Achievement Award: March Fire Station for maintaining excellent availability and being recognised as a practiced, experienced and professional crew and working hard to learn new systems of work.
Individual Achievement Award
Retained Employer of the Year: G's Fresh Beetroot of March. It was praised for its support towards the fire service, both in releasing its retained employee 100 per cent of the time, and also for allowing the fire service to use its site and facilities for training exercises and drills.