Fenland father and son accused of perverting course of justice after assault allegation
A FATHER and son – both named Peter Chilton – have been accused of conspiring to pervert the course of justice, following allegations that the son had assaulted his wife. It is alleged that both men conspired to provide false information to the police bet
A FATHER and son - both named Peter Chilton - have been accused of conspiring to pervert the course of justice, following allegations that the son had assaulted his wife.
It is alleged that both men conspired to provide false information to the police between November 15 and 24 last year.
Peter Chilton, 32 is accused of assaulting Kerry Chilton on November 15, causing her actual bodily harm.
He is also accused of possessing an offensive weapon - in the form of a Vauxhall Corsa - in John Bends Way at Parson Drove on the same date.
You may also want to watch:
Chilton is also accused of driving the car while disqualified, and without insurance, at John Bends Way on November 15.
Chilton and his 61-year-old father, both of Rands Terrace, Dades Lane, St John's Fen End, were sent for trial at Cambridge Crown Court by Fenland magistrates.
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 7 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 8 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 9 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 10 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
Their conditional bail bans them from contacting witnesses or going to John Bends Way in Parson Drove or Pentelow Close, Murrow.