Fenland father and son accused of perverting course of justice after assault allegation
A FATHER and son – both named Peter Chilton – have been accused of conspiring to pervert the course of justice, following allegations that the son had assaulted his wife. It is alleged that both men conspired to provide false information to the police bet
A FATHER and son - both named Peter Chilton - have been accused of conspiring to pervert the course of justice, following allegations that the son had assaulted his wife.
It is alleged that both men conspired to provide false information to the police between November 15 and 24 last year.
Peter Chilton, 32 is accused of assaulting Kerry Chilton on November 15, causing her actual bodily harm.
He is also accused of possessing an offensive weapon - in the form of a Vauxhall Corsa - in John Bends Way at Parson Drove on the same date.
Chilton is also accused of driving the car while disqualified, and without insurance, at John Bends Way on November 15.
Chilton and his 61-year-old father, both of Rands Terrace, Dades Lane, St John's Fen End, were sent for trial at Cambridge Crown Court by Fenland magistrates.
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 WEIRD NORFOLK: The local shoe shop haunted by a 'one-legged poltergeist'
- 3 Cyclists call bicycle plates and insurance 'unenforceable and unworkable'
- 4 Florida Ice Effect phenomenon could put drivers at risk
- 5 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Charity needs over 200 more volunteer vaccinators across Cambridgeshire
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 10 Cambridgeshire students set to receive their A-level exam results
Their conditional bail bans them from contacting witnesses or going to John Bends Way in Parson Drove or Pentelow Close, Murrow.