Fenland father and son accused of perverting course of justice after assault allegation
A FATHER and son – both named Peter Chilton – have been accused of conspiring to pervert the course of justice, following allegations that the son had assaulted his wife. It is alleged that both men conspired to provide false information to the police bet
A FATHER and son - both named Peter Chilton - have been accused of conspiring to pervert the course of justice, following allegations that the son had assaulted his wife.
It is alleged that both men conspired to provide false information to the police between November 15 and 24 last year.
Peter Chilton, 32 is accused of assaulting Kerry Chilton on November 15, causing her actual bodily harm.
He is also accused of possessing an offensive weapon - in the form of a Vauxhall Corsa - in John Bends Way at Parson Drove on the same date.
You may also want to watch:
Chilton is also accused of driving the car while disqualified, and without insurance, at John Bends Way on November 15.
Chilton and his 61-year-old father, both of Rands Terrace, Dades Lane, St John's Fen End, were sent for trial at Cambridge Crown Court by Fenland magistrates.
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 8 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
Their conditional bail bans them from contacting witnesses or going to John Bends Way in Parson Drove or Pentelow Close, Murrow.