Fenland father and son accused of perverting course of justice after assault allegation
A FATHER and son – both named Peter Chilton – have been accused of conspiring to pervert the course of justice, following allegations that the son had assaulted his wife. It is alleged that both men conspired to provide false information to the police bet
A FATHER and son - both named Peter Chilton - have been accused of conspiring to pervert the course of justice, following allegations that the son had assaulted his wife.
It is alleged that both men conspired to provide false information to the police between November 15 and 24 last year.
Peter Chilton, 32 is accused of assaulting Kerry Chilton on November 15, causing her actual bodily harm.
He is also accused of possessing an offensive weapon - in the form of a Vauxhall Corsa - in John Bends Way at Parson Drove on the same date.
You may also want to watch:
Chilton is also accused of driving the car while disqualified, and without insurance, at John Bends Way on November 15.
Chilton and his 61-year-old father, both of Rands Terrace, Dades Lane, St John's Fen End, were sent for trial at Cambridge Crown Court by Fenland magistrates.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
Their conditional bail bans them from contacting witnesses or going to John Bends Way in Parson Drove or Pentelow Close, Murrow.