Fenland family centre celebrates Fathers’ Week with cookery night and Mad Science sessions
WEST Walton Area Family Centre celebrated Fathers’ Week with an early evening cookery night and three Mad Science sessions.
Dads, grandads and uncles are always welcome to attend regular sessions at the Sure Start children’s centre but special activities were organised to coincide with the event.
The cookery night was held at Terrington St John Methodist Room before Mad Science ran three fully-booked workshops at West Walton Primary School.
Youngsters excavated dinosaur bones, made slime and investigated how electricity worked. The children’s centre is now also running two family day sessions over the summer holidays which families are welcome to attend.
Activities themed around Bob the Builder will be held at Walpole St Andrew Community Centre on August 3 from 10am-12.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
A day of traditional nursery rhyme fun will take place at Tilney St Lawrence Village Hall on August 25 from 1-3pm.
Fancy dress is encouraged at both events and there is no need to book in advance.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 9 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 10 How was conman hired as NHS finance boss five months after being unmasked?