Fenland family centre celebrates Fathers’ Week with cookery night and Mad Science sessions
WEST Walton Area Family Centre celebrated Fathers’ Week with an early evening cookery night and three Mad Science sessions.
Dads, grandads and uncles are always welcome to attend regular sessions at the Sure Start children’s centre but special activities were organised to coincide with the event.
The cookery night was held at Terrington St John Methodist Room before Mad Science ran three fully-booked workshops at West Walton Primary School.
Youngsters excavated dinosaur bones, made slime and investigated how electricity worked. The children’s centre is now also running two family day sessions over the summer holidays which families are welcome to attend.
Activities themed around Bob the Builder will be held at Walpole St Andrew Community Centre on August 3 from 10am-12.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
A day of traditional nursery rhyme fun will take place at Tilney St Lawrence Village Hall on August 25 from 1-3pm.
Fancy dress is encouraged at both events and there is no need to book in advance.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter