FENLAND: Extra wind turbine for Coldham after neighbouring wind farm owners withdraw objections
A FENLAND wind farm is to be expanded – by an extra turbine- after owners of a neighbouring wind farm withdrew their objections. Fenland Council has now approved the extra wind turbine for Stags Holt at Coldham which will bring the number of turbines on t
A FENLAND wind farm is to be expanded - by an extra turbine- after owners of a neighbouring wind farm withdrew their objections.
Fenland Council has now approved the extra wind turbine for Stags Holt at Coldham which will bring the number of turbines on the site to 10.
However the Co-op, who operate seven turbines on an adjoining site, originally objected to the expansion on the grounds it could affect their own operation.
Background to the dispute is revealed in council papers released this week following approval of the Stags Holt additional turbine.
You may also want to watch:
Officers noted that consultants acting on behalf of the Co-op felt the extra turbine would have a detrimental affect ion the "energy capture" of their own complex.
The Co-op also complained that the proposed turbine would suffer increased losses because of its proximity to existing turbines.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
It was disclosed that the Co-op had complained that the development threatened the principle of "protecting consented assets from unreasonable interference."
However officers say the dispute has now been settled and although one other objection remained- that from Save Our Skylines- there was no reason not to approve the extra turbine.
"Given the history of the site and its present use, it is considered that one further turbine located within the existing footprint of the wind farm will not cause any significant detriment to the surrounding area and can be supported," said a report released by planners.