Fenland escapes worst of wintry weather but six schools closed today
FENLAND escaped the worst of the wintry weather overnight but six schools are closed today (Wednesday). Meadowgate, Payne, Peckover and St Peter's primary schools are closed in Wisbech as is the town s campus of the College of West Anglia which is still
FENLAND escaped the worst of the wintry weather overnight but six schools are closed today (Wednesday).
Meadowgate, Payne, Peckover and St Peter's primary schools are closed in Wisbech as is the town's campus of the College of West Anglia which is still experiencing problems with the heating system.
In March Fenland Junction based at the town's youth and community centre in Station Road is closed.
In Norfolk 12 schools have been forced to close mainly due to heating problems but none are in the immediate area.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire County Council workers have been out gritting the roads and a spokesman said it is monitoring the weather situation carefully.
It has a stockpile of 2,000 tonnes and has more on order. A spokesman said: "We have about seven day's supply left and more stock on order. We are keeping an eye on the situation but are gritting the roads as normal which is once or twice a day."
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 3 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
- 4 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 5 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 No queue as vaccinations for 500 patients in a day begin
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
However, he urged people to drive carefully even if the roads have been gritted and to take the usual precautions before setting off on a journey.
Gritting teams have also been out in Norfolk to keep the county's roads moving. There was a fresh delivery of salt arriving by boat at king's Lynn yesterday.