Fenland escapes worst of wintry weather but six schools closed today
FENLAND escaped the worst of the wintry weather overnight but six schools are closed today (Wednesday). Meadowgate, Payne, Peckover and St Peter's primary schools are closed in Wisbech as is the town s campus of the College of West Anglia which is still
FENLAND escaped the worst of the wintry weather overnight but six schools are closed today (Wednesday).
Meadowgate, Payne, Peckover and St Peter's primary schools are closed in Wisbech as is the town's campus of the College of West Anglia which is still experiencing problems with the heating system.
In March Fenland Junction based at the town's youth and community centre in Station Road is closed.
In Norfolk 12 schools have been forced to close mainly due to heating problems but none are in the immediate area.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire County Council workers have been out gritting the roads and a spokesman said it is monitoring the weather situation carefully.
It has a stockpile of 2,000 tonnes and has more on order. A spokesman said: "We have about seven day's supply left and more stock on order. We are keeping an eye on the situation but are gritting the roads as normal which is once or twice a day."
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 3 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
However, he urged people to drive carefully even if the roads have been gritted and to take the usual precautions before setting off on a journey.
Gritting teams have also been out in Norfolk to keep the county's roads moving. There was a fresh delivery of salt arriving by boat at king's Lynn yesterday.