Fenland Equestrian Centre riders to be trained by elite dressage rider in hope of Your Horse Live slot
- Credit: Archant
A group of “novice” riders based a Fenland Equestrian Centre in Wisbech have launched a bid to perform at this year’s Your Horse Live.
They hope to perform a five minute quadrille display to music at one of the biggest equestrian shows on the calendar in October.
To help them with their quest, they have recruited international dressage rider Anna Bostrand-Daly and the riding master of the Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment.
The riders are hoping to raise funds for military charity the Victoria Cross Trust.
Their journey will be captured in an independent film company’s fly on the wall documentary for Channel 4.
You may also want to watch:
Nikki Young, of Fenland Equestrian centre, said: “The horses and riders have never done anything like this before. Our riders are between 16 and 47. There’s six of them but only four will get to compete.”
To pay for their training, the riders need to get sponsorship. You can help with their bid by calling Nikki Young at 07837 893069
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 8 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 9 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 10 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby