Fenland Equestrian Centre riders to be trained by elite dressage rider in hope of Your Horse Live slot
- Credit: Archant
A group of “novice” riders based a Fenland Equestrian Centre in Wisbech have launched a bid to perform at this year’s Your Horse Live.
They hope to perform a five minute quadrille display to music at one of the biggest equestrian shows on the calendar in October.
To help them with their quest, they have recruited international dressage rider Anna Bostrand-Daly and the riding master of the Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment.
The riders are hoping to raise funds for military charity the Victoria Cross Trust.
Their journey will be captured in an independent film company’s fly on the wall documentary for Channel 4.
You may also want to watch:
Nikki Young, of Fenland Equestrian centre, said: “The horses and riders have never done anything like this before. Our riders are between 16 and 47. There’s six of them but only four will get to compete.”
To pay for their training, the riders need to get sponsorship. You can help with their bid by calling Nikki Young at 07837 893069
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 6 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 10 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project