Fenland employes of Cambs County Council rewarded for long service at special ceremony
FENLAND employees of Cambridgeshire County Council were rewarded for long service at a special ceremony at Shire Hall. One member of staff was presented with long service awards after completing 25 years service. Ros Hewison joined the county council in 1
FENLAND employees of Cambridgeshire County Council were rewarded for long service at a special ceremony at Shire Hall.
One member of staff was presented with long service awards after completing 25 years service.
Ros Hewison joined the county council in 1985 and is a support worker at Victoria Lodge day centre in Wisbech, which supports adults with learning disabilities.
Ros were joined by a further 12 long serving members of staff from other parts of the county.
You may also want to watch:
They were presented with their awards by county council chairman Linda Oliver, Gordon Jeyes, executive director of Children and Young People's Services, and Mike Hosking, service director for community learning and development.
Mr Jeyes said: "Everyone receiving awards did so because of the outstanding contribution they have made to Cambridgeshire County Council and the many services it provides.
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 8 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
"I am delighted their loyal service and dedication is recognised and very pleased to be a part of that. Congratulations to them all."
Also rewarded for 25 years service were Linda Prince, team manager for the Disabled Children's Team in Ely; and Elaine Bridges, Community Access Manager for the Learning Disability Partnership at Larkfield also in Ely.