FENLAND: Dog owners warned about killer illness
DOG owners are being warned that their beloved pet could die from the killer Parvovirus, if it is not vaccinated. Already we have seen more than 35 cases this year, said Shoned Hawksworth of Wisbech Vetsavers. Canine Parvovirus is a killer but can be p
DOG owners are being warned that their beloved pet could die from the killer Parvovirus, if it is not vaccinated.
"Already we have seen more than 35 cases this year," said Shoned Hawksworth of Wisbech Vetsavers.
"Canine Parvovirus is a killer but can be prevented if your dog is vaccinated. It is more common in puppies but can be seen in older unvaccinated dogs.
"Symptoms include diarrhoea and vomiting, and unwell dogs can stop eating. These symptoms will get progressively worse if not treated, and there is a 91per cent chance the dog will not survive."
You may also want to watch:
She said treatment involves hospitalisation, placing on intravenous fluids, pain relief and antibiotics, but there however there is only a 20 per cent chance of survival.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured