FENLAND: Dog owners warned about killer illness
DOG owners are being warned that their beloved pet could die from the killer Parvovirus, if it is not vaccinated. Already we have seen more than 35 cases this year, said Shoned Hawksworth of Wisbech Vetsavers. Canine Parvovirus is a killer but can be p
DOG owners are being warned that their beloved pet could die from the killer Parvovirus, if it is not vaccinated.
"Already we have seen more than 35 cases this year," said Shoned Hawksworth of Wisbech Vetsavers.
"Canine Parvovirus is a killer but can be prevented if your dog is vaccinated. It is more common in puppies but can be seen in older unvaccinated dogs.
"Symptoms include diarrhoea and vomiting, and unwell dogs can stop eating. These symptoms will get progressively worse if not treated, and there is a 91per cent chance the dog will not survive."
You may also want to watch:
She said treatment involves hospitalisation, placing on intravenous fluids, pain relief and antibiotics, but there however there is only a 20 per cent chance of survival.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out