FENLAND: Dog owners warned about killer illness
DOG owners are being warned that their beloved pet could die from the killer Parvovirus, if it is not vaccinated. Already we have seen more than 35 cases this year, said Shoned Hawksworth of Wisbech Vetsavers. Canine Parvovirus is a killer but can be p
DOG owners are being warned that their beloved pet could die from the killer Parvovirus, if it is not vaccinated.
"Already we have seen more than 35 cases this year," said Shoned Hawksworth of Wisbech Vetsavers.
"Canine Parvovirus is a killer but can be prevented if your dog is vaccinated. It is more common in puppies but can be seen in older unvaccinated dogs.
"Symptoms include diarrhoea and vomiting, and unwell dogs can stop eating. These symptoms will get progressively worse if not treated, and there is a 91per cent chance the dog will not survive."
You may also want to watch:
She said treatment involves hospitalisation, placing on intravenous fluids, pain relief and antibiotics, but there however there is only a 20 per cent chance of survival.
- 1 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 5 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 9 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 10 Emporium takes business to next level