Fenland District Council's retiring chief executive will leave with his head held high
IN truth there was never a chance that Fenland District Council s chief executive Tim Pilsbury would work with Alan Melton but for all that the timing of the former s resignation was a surprise. It was also a well-kept secret, indicating either a late bre
IN truth there was never a chance that Fenland District Council's chief executive Tim Pilsbury would work with Alan Melton but for all that the timing of the former's resignation was a surprise.
It was also a well-kept secret, indicating either a late breaking decision or, more likely, a revelation which needed to be kept under wraps until the last possible moment to achieve minimal disruption to the leader's budget speech.
Either way it still came as a shock to realise that the man gifted the responsibility of transforming Fenland District Council, and achieving mightily in the scale of his ambitions and performance, will no longer be there.
This is not the time to reflect upon the ugliness, and brutality, of the political shenanigans that may have hastened his departure: Tim leaves with head held high and with the accolades his tenure deserves.
You may also want to watch:
The transformation of Fenland into a high performing and dynamic local authority has been a team affair but few will doubt it has been the sheer scale and breadth of Tim's ability that has taken us there.
There have been mistakes, of course, notably in respect of the council's paranoia in withholding often routine pieces of information.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 6 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 7 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 10 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
But without hesitation we commend Tim for his commitment and passion for all things Fenland and will look expectantly to others to maintain and improve upon the ground work he laid.