FENLAND: Dave 'Boy' Green launches Welcome Home from Hospital service
A NEW Fenland Welcome Home from Hospital service has been officially launched by ex-boxing champion Dave Boy Green. Also at the launch at March Town Hall were March Mayor Councillor John West and Wisbech Mayor Councillor Yvonne Lawrence. Welcome Home fr
A NEW Fenland Welcome Home from Hospital service has been officially launched by ex-boxing champion Dave 'Boy' Green.
Also at the launch at March Town Hall were March Mayor Councillor John West and Wisbech Mayor Councillor Yvonne Lawrence.
Welcome Home from Hospital is a hospital discharge scheme established by Care Network Cambridgeshire offering short-term practical support to ease the transition from hospital to home.
The service is now county wide with the extension into Fenland made possible through funding from Age Concern and Fenland Strategic Partnership.
You may also want to watch:
Patients are matched to volunteers who will visit them at home over a couple of weeks and help with shopping, collecting prescriptions, make a cup of tea, or just sit and chat.
• If you would like to find out more about volunteering telephone 01354 652741 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured