FENLAND: Dave 'Boy' Green launches Welcome Home from Hospital service
A NEW Fenland Welcome Home from Hospital service has been officially launched by ex-boxing champion Dave Boy Green. Also at the launch at March Town Hall were March Mayor Councillor John West and Wisbech Mayor Councillor Yvonne Lawrence. Welcome Home fr
A NEW Fenland Welcome Home from Hospital service has been officially launched by ex-boxing champion Dave 'Boy' Green.
Also at the launch at March Town Hall were March Mayor Councillor John West and Wisbech Mayor Councillor Yvonne Lawrence.
Welcome Home from Hospital is a hospital discharge scheme established by Care Network Cambridgeshire offering short-term practical support to ease the transition from hospital to home.
The service is now county wide with the extension into Fenland made possible through funding from Age Concern and Fenland Strategic Partnership.
You may also want to watch:
Patients are matched to volunteers who will visit them at home over a couple of weeks and help with shopping, collecting prescriptions, make a cup of tea, or just sit and chat.
• If you would like to find out more about volunteering telephone 01354 652741 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 10 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease