FENLAND: Dave 'Boy' Green launches Welcome Home from Hospital service
A NEW Fenland Welcome Home from Hospital service has been officially launched by ex-boxing champion Dave Boy Green. Also at the launch at March Town Hall were March Mayor Councillor John West and Wisbech Mayor Councillor Yvonne Lawrence. Welcome Home fr
A NEW Fenland Welcome Home from Hospital service has been officially launched by ex-boxing champion Dave 'Boy' Green.
Also at the launch at March Town Hall were March Mayor Councillor John West and Wisbech Mayor Councillor Yvonne Lawrence.
Welcome Home from Hospital is a hospital discharge scheme established by Care Network Cambridgeshire offering short-term practical support to ease the transition from hospital to home.
The service is now county wide with the extension into Fenland made possible through funding from Age Concern and Fenland Strategic Partnership.
You may also want to watch:
Patients are matched to volunteers who will visit them at home over a couple of weeks and help with shopping, collecting prescriptions, make a cup of tea, or just sit and chat.
• If you would like to find out more about volunteering telephone 01354 652741 or email email@example.com.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road