FENLAND: Daughter pays fond tribute to her mother who was founded stabbed to death
THE daughter of a woman found stabbed at her Fenland home said today that none of our lives will ever be the same again. Carol Cannom s daughter said her mother s death had caused the family enormous pain. Christmas will be really difficult without her
THE daughter of a woman found stabbed at her Fenland home said today that "none of our lives will ever be the same again."
Carol Cannom's daughter said her mother's death had caused the family enormous pain.
"Christmas will be really difficult without her," said Claire Cannom, 26. "It has always been an important time for the family."
She added: "The family has pulled together, and we will get through this difficult time by supporting and helping each other."
You may also want to watch:
Forty-six-year-old Carol Cannom, of Windsor Gardens, Long Sutton, was found dead by police and ambulance workers at her home just before 8pm on Wednesday November 19.
Claire said: "I turned to mum for so much. Whenever I needed help or advice about anything, she was there for me. She was a great listener and always had the answer - I don't have that now. It's just impossible to say how much I will miss her.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 5 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
"Her children were her number-one priority; we were the most important thing in her life. She was so loving and so protective; I will miss her affection too. She was always hugging me, even at my age."
The Cannom family moved from Stanwell to Lincolnshire nine years ago to escape the rat race and have space to stable their three horses. They first lived in Sutton Bridge, and then moved to Long Sutton.
n Malcolm Palmer, 61, of Windsor Gardens, Long Sutton, has been charged with Carol Cannom's murder. He was remanded in custody by Lincoln Crown Court on Friday, and is due to appear before the court for a plea and case management hearing on February 6.