FENLAND: Council named as runner-up in local government awards
FENLAND District Council was runner-up in the LGC Awards last night. The LGC Awards aim to reward the best in local government and recognise the excellent service they deliver to the communities they serve. The awards bring together over 1,300 industry
FENLAND District Council was runner-up in the LGC Awards last night.
The LGC Awards aim to reward the best in local government and recognise the excellent service they deliver to the communities they serve.
The awards bring together over 1,300 industry leaders to celebrate the most innovative and passionate councils in the UK
Fenland impressed councils across the country by reaching the final for the second year running in the Council of the Year category.
You may also want to watch:
Chief executive Tim Pilsbury said: "Fenland people can be reassured that their council outperforms all other districts, we have a very skilled and committed staff team at Fenland Council and this result is a credit to their dedication and desire to go that extra mile for Fenland communities."
Leader of the Council Geoffrey Harper CBE said: "When people elected this Conservative Council they quite rightly expected us to improve services wherever we could. We've done just that and you don't get much better than the best! We've achieved this while making savings and efficiencies across the board and providing even better value for money for Fenland rate-payers.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 6 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 7 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream