Fenland Council for Voluntary Service to continue on voluntary basis after funding cut
FENLAND Council for Voluntary Service will continue on a voluntary basis despite losing �15,000 of funding. Fenland District Council withdrew the service s funding last month after it failed to come up with a suitable business plan or demonstrate it was
FENLAND Council for Voluntary Service will continue on a voluntary basis despite losing �15,000 of funding.
Fenland District Council withdrew the service's funding last month after it "failed to come up with a suitable business plan or demonstrate it was a viable organisation".
The organisation was facing closure as a result, but trustees have decided its work should continue on a voluntary basis.
Fran Monson, chairman of the service, said: "Having thought about the situation, we realise that the most important thing is to support our 216 members."
You may also want to watch:
Trustees will carry out a further review to decide the organisation's long-term future.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 10 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom