FENLAND: College principal admits there is no immediate likelihood of securing funding for build
COLLEGE of West Anglia principal David Pomfret has confirmed there is no immediate likelihood of securing funding to start the building project in March. As we revealed on Friday, the college failed in its attempt to secure capital funding to start buil
COLLEGE of West Anglia principal David Pomfret has confirmed there is "no immediate likelihood" of securing funding to start the building project in March.
As we revealed on Friday, the college failed in its attempt to secure capital funding to start building the �70million campus on the outskirts of the town.
The demise of the project for now came after the Learning and Skills Council's funding collapse earlier this year.
A statement released on Friday by Mr Pomfret said: "Despite the fact that the College's plans to build a new campus at March was amongst 27 shortlisted, we have learned today that we are not included in the 13 to receive funding.
You may also want to watch:
"We are bitterly disappointed at today's news. We were aware that the King's Lynn project was unlikely to receive funding in this round but we remained optimistic about our Fenland application.
"Today's announcement by the Government makes it clear that there is no immediate likelihood of any capital funding.
- 1 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 9 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 10 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
"I am meeting David Hughes, who is in charge of the LSC's capital building projects, on July 6 to discuss our next steps.