Fenland business targets �3million turnover in 2010 with European export strategy
THE winner of the first Fenland Enterprise Business Awards is targeting a �3million turnover next year when it starts exporting products to Europe. Fenland Leisure Products, of Christchurch, which manufactures and installs playground equipment, has also m
THE winner of the first Fenland Enterprise Business Awards is targeting a �3million turnover next year when it starts exporting products to Europe.
Fenland Leisure Products, of Christchurch, which manufactures and installs playground equipment, has also moved into new premises built with the backing of its banking partner, Lloyds TSB Commercial.
The business, which uses certified timber from managed forests, secured a 40 per cent increase in sales last year after increasing its manufacturing capacity.
It is now preparing to begin exporting to Europe at the start of next year to maintain expansion and take turnover to �3million. Additional staff have been recruited as part of the growth, taking headcount to 26.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Sparrow, managing director of Fenland Leisure Products, said: "Our commitment to quality and ability to offer bespoke products to customers has generated rising demand so we've made considerable investments in capacity.
"We're now in a stronger position to target exports in order to drive continued expansion, confident that we have the backing of a banking partner who understands and shares our ambitions."
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
Fenland Leisure Products won the Environment and Community Impact Award and the overall Business of the Year award at the inaugural Fenland Enterprise Business Awards in September, run by the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard.
Steve Clarke, relationship manager for Lloyds TSB Commercial, said: "The businesses that are set to do well in the upturn are those that are able to secure an advantage over their competitors - and Fenland Leisure Products is a great example of a manufacturer which is building its green credentials to stand out from the crowd.