FENLAND: Aden Veterans hold a re-union night and provides catch up time for friends old and new
IT provided the perfect opportunity for former service personnel to meet new faces, or even catch up with some old friends. More than 30 members of the club and their guests attended the event, staged on Saturday at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March. It
IT provided the perfect opportunity for former service personnel to meet new faces, or even catch up with some old friends.
More than 30 members of the club and their guests attended the event, staged on Saturday at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March.
It was the Aden Veterans Association's Fenland branch annual reunion dinner - and it attracted members from as far away as London and Gloucester.
"The Branch would like to thank the staff of the Oliver Cromwell for an excellent meal, their courtesy and expertise through-out the evening," said branch member Terry Fowler.
You may also want to watch:
"And special thanks goes to Pam Fowler for her efforts in arranging the reunion."
The Aden Veterans Association was formed in 2000 for personnel who served or worked in the Aden conflict more than 40 years ago.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 10 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
The Fenland branch was formed one year later and has reunited a number of servicemen who, over the years, lost contact. It meets once a month for Sunday lunch at various locations across the region.
n Anyone interested in joining the branch should contact branch secretary Tony Holland on 01529 307517.