FENLAND: Aden Veterans hold a re-union night and provides catch up time for friends old and new
IT provided the perfect opportunity for former service personnel to meet new faces, or even catch up with some old friends. More than 30 members of the club and their guests attended the event, staged on Saturday at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March. It
IT provided the perfect opportunity for former service personnel to meet new faces, or even catch up with some old friends.
More than 30 members of the club and their guests attended the event, staged on Saturday at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March.
It was the Aden Veterans Association's Fenland branch annual reunion dinner - and it attracted members from as far away as London and Gloucester.
"The Branch would like to thank the staff of the Oliver Cromwell for an excellent meal, their courtesy and expertise through-out the evening," said branch member Terry Fowler.
You may also want to watch:
"And special thanks goes to Pam Fowler for her efforts in arranging the reunion."
The Aden Veterans Association was formed in 2000 for personnel who served or worked in the Aden conflict more than 40 years ago.
- 1 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 2 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 5 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 8 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
The Fenland branch was formed one year later and has reunited a number of servicemen who, over the years, lost contact. It meets once a month for Sunday lunch at various locations across the region.
n Anyone interested in joining the branch should contact branch secretary Tony Holland on 01529 307517.