FENLAND: 31 dogs turn up at March farm as it hosts Ken Gandy Memorial Trophy Gundog test
A TOTAL of 31 dogs entered the 2009 Ely & District Wildfowlers Association Ken Gandy Memorial Trophy Any Variety Gundog Test on Sunday. It was held at Frank s Farm nr March and the event attracted the usual mix of Labradors, English Springer Spaniels and
A TOTAL of 31 dogs entered the 2009 Ely & District Wildfowlers Association Ken Gandy Memorial Trophy Any Variety Gundog Test on Sunday.
It was held at Frank's Farm nr March and the event attracted the usual mix of Labradors, English Springer Spaniels and Cocker Spaniels, with a sprinkling of lesser known minor breeds including five Irish Water Spaniels.
There was also a NovaScotia Duck Tolling retriever, the latter having journeyed down from Southampton to compete.
Judges Graham Leach, Brian Rix and Reg Rayner set three tasks before lunch. These comprised two water test with blinds and marks in the river Nene, plus a blind and mark in rough cover.
By lunch the judges had more than halved the runners with Mrs Ursula Wilcox Irish Water Spaniel bitch -Kirkmarsh Roisen Duby at Fendrake the only remaining of the minor breeds to go through to the final run off on 100 points.
The last test into rough cover identified the top three dogs plus the winner of the Ely & District club trophy.
- 1 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 2 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 3 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 4 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 5 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 6 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 7 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 8 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 9 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 10 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
1st Ken Gandy Memorial Trophy - Mr Steve Bennett - Labrador bitch - Snipespeed Lady Amherst
2nd Mrs A Wilks - Labrador dog - Brochaghs Blamhac Labees
3rd Mr P. Crowder - Labrador Dog - Fyynoongain Jigsaw of Amanico
Mr P. Crowder - Labrador Dog - Fyynoongain Jigsaw of Amanico also took the Gundog Club/Wildfowling club trophy while Mr Jon Bennett with his Labrador dog Firestone Flush took the Ely & District Club trophy for the second year running.
A total of �118 was made on the refreshments and raffle for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Ely & District Wildfowler's Association
Affiliated to the British Association for Shooting & Conservation
Hon Secretary Derek Robinson, 23 Hereward Street, March, Cambs PE15 8LZ
Tel 01354 655599 Mob 07902 600771 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org