FENLAND: 18-year-old man arrested and bailed in connection with police pursuit
AN 18-year-old man from Wisbech has been released on bail in connection with a police pursuit along the A17, in which scaffolding poles were thrown at patrol cars. The pursuit took place after police were called to Seas End Road, Moulton Seas End, Spaldin
AN 18-year-old man from Wisbech has been released on bail in connection with a police pursuit along the A17, in which scaffolding poles were thrown at patrol cars.
The pursuit took place after police were called to Seas End Road, Moulton Seas End, Spalding, at about 3am Sunday. A member of the public saw a flatbed lorry loaded with scaffolding and became suspicious.
Police tried to stop the lorry but it failed to do so and headed along the A17 towards Norfolk.
A number of the poles were thrown off the lorry at police during the pursuit. They were scattered along the A17 between the Holbeach area and Sutton Bridge.
You may also want to watch:
The lorry eventually stopped and the driver was arrested and taken to Spalding Police Station.
This morning, a spokesman for Lincolnshire Police said: "An 18-year-old Wisbech man, who was arrested in relation to this incident, has been released on police bail pending further enquiries until June 17.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 5 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 6 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 7 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 8 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 9 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 10 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'