Get together for a club that was launched 42 years ago
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland club has held its first reunion in Wisbech more than four decades since it was launched.
The 18+ Group held the event at Wisbech Rugby Club, 42 years since the group first met in the Glendon Hotel in 1976.
It was attended by 63 people with four of the original members present including its first chairman Gary Monger.
Members travelled from as far away as Lancaster and Southend on Sea to attend the get together.
A hog roast and disco were enjoyed by those present together with photos relayed onto a screen of past events.
You may also want to watch:
The group was part of the national 18+ network, with groups being held all over the country for people aged between 18-30.
There were weekly meetings together with weekend activities, and national events like Caister weekend at Easter and the Bedford raft race.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
The event was organised by Sue Tolliday.
• If any past members from the group, which was disbanded in 1991, would like to reconnect, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.