Get together for a club that was launched 42 years ago
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland club has held its first reunion in Wisbech more than four decades since it was launched.
The 18+ Group held the event at Wisbech Rugby Club, 42 years since the group first met in the Glendon Hotel in 1976.
It was attended by 63 people with four of the original members present including its first chairman Gary Monger.
Members travelled from as far away as Lancaster and Southend on Sea to attend the get together.
A hog roast and disco were enjoyed by those present together with photos relayed onto a screen of past events.
You may also want to watch:
The group was part of the national 18+ network, with groups being held all over the country for people aged between 18-30.
There were weekly meetings together with weekend activities, and national events like Caister weekend at Easter and the Bedford raft race.
- 1 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 5 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 9 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 10 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
The event was organised by Sue Tolliday.
• If any past members from the group, which was disbanded in 1991, would like to reconnect, please email email@example.com.