Get together for a club that was launched 42 years ago
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland club has held its first reunion in Wisbech more than four decades since it was launched.
The 18+ Group held the event at Wisbech Rugby Club, 42 years since the group first met in the Glendon Hotel in 1976.
It was attended by 63 people with four of the original members present including its first chairman Gary Monger.
Members travelled from as far away as Lancaster and Southend on Sea to attend the get together.
A hog roast and disco were enjoyed by those present together with photos relayed onto a screen of past events.
You may also want to watch:
The group was part of the national 18+ network, with groups being held all over the country for people aged between 18-30.
There were weekly meetings together with weekend activities, and national events like Caister weekend at Easter and the Bedford raft race.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
The event was organised by Sue Tolliday.
• If any past members from the group, which was disbanded in 1991, would like to reconnect, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.