Get together for a club that was launched 42 years ago
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland club has held its first reunion in Wisbech more than four decades since it was launched.
The 18+ Group held the event at Wisbech Rugby Club, 42 years since the group first met in the Glendon Hotel in 1976.
It was attended by 63 people with four of the original members present including its first chairman Gary Monger.
Members travelled from as far away as Lancaster and Southend on Sea to attend the get together.
A hog roast and disco were enjoyed by those present together with photos relayed onto a screen of past events.
You may also want to watch:
The group was part of the national 18+ network, with groups being held all over the country for people aged between 18-30.
There were weekly meetings together with weekend activities, and national events like Caister weekend at Easter and the Bedford raft race.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 3 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 7 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 8 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
The event was organised by Sue Tolliday.
• If any past members from the group, which was disbanded in 1991, would like to reconnect, please email email@example.com.