Three close-knit colleagues from Wisbech see 500,000 patients through dental surgery’s doors across 100 years combined
- Credit: Supplied / Bupa Dental Care
Three Fenland dental surgery workers have welcomed 500,000 patients over a combined time of 100 years.
Mandy Coleman, Karen Russell and Elaine Cooper of Bupa Dental Care in Wisbech have each worked at the surgery between 30 and 40 years respectively.
In the total time they've worked at the practice, the dental nurse, practice coordinator and receptionist, have managed more than half-a-million patient visits.
The three colleagues, who have become close friends during their time working together, were toasted by their team and received gifts for their long-term commitment to the community.
Ms Coopers, who is celebrating 40 years as a dental nurse, said: "The past 40 years working at the Wisbech practice has been an amazing journey.
You may also want to watch:
"We have learnt so much and made friends for life. The team at the practice support each other and we are more like a family, which makes for a wonderful working environment.
"Patients also benefit from us having worked here for so long as seeing a familiar face helps put people at ease, as not everyone likes visiting the dentist."
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 6 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 9 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
Shizar Shahriyarmolki, practice manager, said: "We're incredibly proud to have these three fantastic women working here.
"Their time spent working at the clinic has allowed the ladies to build strong relationships with patients, and this not only creates a great customer experience but also enhances quality of care.
"To have 100 years of combined experience is an incredible achievement, but also a priceless asset to the team.
"The passion and dedication Mandy, Karen and Elaine have for their patients and the rest of the team is inspirational, they are great mentors and role models for junior dental professionals."
Bupa is one of the leading providers of NHS and private dental care with over 470 practices across the UK.
They offer a wide range of dental services, from general dentistry to specialist cosmetic, orthodontic and restorative treatments.
Clinicians are highly trained and use some of the latest techniques and technology when treating patients.
They employ over 2,000 dentists and over 5,000 practice staff - together, they provide patients with oral health care.
They also provide practices with a clinical and customer framework, allowing dentists to focus purely on providing good quality dentistry to patients.
Bupa Dental Care Wisbech is located on Alexandra Road, Wisbech, and the team can be reached on 01945 583104. For more information, visit: www.bupadentalcare.co.uk/