Fen heroes save woman’s life by pulling her from car that was sinking in water-filled dyke at Christchurch
- Credit: Archant
A group of Fenland men helped to save a woman’s life by pulling her from a car that was sinking in a water-filled dyke at Christchurch.
Police were called to Poulter's Drove at 3.50pm yesterday (Thursday December 5) to reports that a car had left the road and was in a water-filled dyke.
The driver, a woman, was helped out of the car by members of the public. No injuries were reported and the vehicle was recovered.
The man's girlfriend said on Facebook: "So proud of Craig - he's saved a lady whose car was sinking in the Sixteen Foot in Christchurch.
"He pulled her from the car that was sinking; we hope she's well as Craig may have hurt her shoulder getting her out.
You may also want to watch:
"Well done to the man who spotted her and to the man from UK Power Networks who helped Craig up the bank. What amazing work from them all."
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600