Fen heroes save woman’s life by pulling her from car that was sinking in water-filled dyke at Christchurch
- Credit: Archant
A group of Fenland men helped to save a woman’s life by pulling her from a car that was sinking in a water-filled dyke at Christchurch.
Police were called to Poulter's Drove at 3.50pm yesterday (Thursday December 5) to reports that a car had left the road and was in a water-filled dyke.
The driver, a woman, was helped out of the car by members of the public. No injuries were reported and the vehicle was recovered.
The man's girlfriend said on Facebook: "So proud of Craig - he's saved a lady whose car was sinking in the Sixteen Foot in Christchurch.
"He pulled her from the car that was sinking; we hope she's well as Craig may have hurt her shoulder getting her out.
You may also want to watch:
"Well done to the man who spotted her and to the man from UK Power Networks who helped Craig up the bank. What amazing work from them all."
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time