Fen cops praise residents after acting on intelligence in drugs arrest
- Credit: Archant
Fen cops have praised members of the public after acting on intelligence about drug dealing in Wisbech.
Officers arrested a 16-year-old male for possession with intent to supply drugs, before seizing a quantity of drugs and two BB guns on West Street yesterday (January 30).
The male was interviewed and has been released under investigation.
Police were alerted by the neighbourhood team after they investigated the area based on reports they received from Fenland residents.
Writing on their Facebook page, Policing Fenland said: "Some great work by the neighbourhood team yesterday when they went out hunting based on intelligence they have been receiving about drug dealing in the Wisbech area.
You may also want to watch:
"Please keep the intelligence coming in. This proactive work will continue with your local teams out there targeting those individuals who are causing harm to the community."
One resident said "Well done to all who helped", while another added: "Good work chaps".
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
It is uncertain exactly where drug dealing has been taking place, and Cambridgeshire police have been contacted for comment.