Fen cops praise residents after acting on intelligence in drugs arrest
- Credit: Archant
Fen cops have praised members of the public after acting on intelligence about drug dealing in Wisbech.
Officers arrested a 16-year-old male for possession with intent to supply drugs, before seizing a quantity of drugs and two BB guns on West Street yesterday (January 30).
The male was interviewed and has been released under investigation.
Police were alerted by the neighbourhood team after they investigated the area based on reports they received from Fenland residents.
Writing on their Facebook page, Policing Fenland said: "Some great work by the neighbourhood team yesterday when they went out hunting based on intelligence they have been receiving about drug dealing in the Wisbech area.
You may also want to watch:
"Please keep the intelligence coming in. This proactive work will continue with your local teams out there targeting those individuals who are causing harm to the community."
One resident said "Well done to all who helped", while another added: "Good work chaps".
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 9 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 10 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
It is uncertain exactly where drug dealing has been taking place, and Cambridgeshire police have been contacted for comment.