‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- Credit: @FenCops
Police “dealt with” more than 25 untaxed vehicles in just one day following a day of action targeting illegal motorists across the county.
Cambridgeshire Constabulary’s Rural Crime Action Team were “out in force” on Thursday, June 10, stopping more than 40 drivers at the roadside.
Throughout the day, officers stopped 27 untaxed vehicles, issued four traffic offence reports, issued 22 prohibitions for unsafe vehicles, dipped 29 fuel tanks and checked 16 waste licences.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Our dedicated Rural Crime Action Team were out in force alongside partner agencies for a day of action.
“They were targeting illegal road users across in our neighbourhoods, it was a shift well spent.”
You may also want to watch:
One resident said: “Well done, we feel much safer on the roads, knowing you are doing such a good job.”
Another added: “Good effort, keep up the fantastic work keeping our roads safe.”
- 1 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Jail for man who broke partner’s nose and intimidated witness
- 4 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 5 Walking tours, open days and exhibitions to 'celebrate the Fens'
- 6 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend
- 7 Litter pickers find stolen handbag snatched from shopper last year
- 8 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 9 Prepare to be ‘as horrified as I was’ says former audit chair
- 10 Slimmer crowned 'greatest loser' after dropping four stone