Feline fine: Wisbech Cat Welfare celebrate �5,000 donation
CATS rescued by a Wisbech charity will be treated to special heated beds after it netted a donation of more than �5,000.
Cat Welfare was handed the fundraising boost by Support Adoption for Pets, a charity established and supported by Pets at Home.
They will use the cash to help with vets bills and purchase medical equipment as well as to buy the new cat beds.
Lindsay Kierman, from the Wisbech charity, was presented with the �5,000 cheque on Monday after she brought a rescue cat along to the town’s Pets at Home store.
Shop staff donated a further �308, which they raised through a ‘Christmas Santa Paws’ fundraising drive.
You may also want to watch:
Support Adoption for Pets helped more than 450 rehoming centres across the UK in 2011. The charity has raised more than �1.3million in the last year.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online