Feline fine: Wisbech Cat Welfare celebrate �5,000 donation
CATS rescued by a Wisbech charity will be treated to special heated beds after it netted a donation of more than �5,000.
Cat Welfare was handed the fundraising boost by Support Adoption for Pets, a charity established and supported by Pets at Home.
They will use the cash to help with vets bills and purchase medical equipment as well as to buy the new cat beds.
Lindsay Kierman, from the Wisbech charity, was presented with the �5,000 cheque on Monday after she brought a rescue cat along to the town’s Pets at Home store.
Shop staff donated a further �308, which they raised through a ‘Christmas Santa Paws’ fundraising drive.
You may also want to watch:
Support Adoption for Pets helped more than 450 rehoming centres across the UK in 2011. The charity has raised more than �1.3million in the last year.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 7 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 8 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year