Feline fine: Wisbech Cat Welfare celebrate �5,000 donation
CATS rescued by a Wisbech charity will be treated to special heated beds after it netted a donation of more than �5,000.
Cat Welfare was handed the fundraising boost by Support Adoption for Pets, a charity established and supported by Pets at Home.
They will use the cash to help with vets bills and purchase medical equipment as well as to buy the new cat beds.
Lindsay Kierman, from the Wisbech charity, was presented with the �5,000 cheque on Monday after she brought a rescue cat along to the town’s Pets at Home store.
Shop staff donated a further �308, which they raised through a ‘Christmas Santa Paws’ fundraising drive.
You may also want to watch:
Support Adoption for Pets helped more than 450 rehoming centres across the UK in 2011. The charity has raised more than �1.3million in the last year.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000