Feast of festive fund-raising at Octavia Hill’s pop-up restaurant
- Credit: Archant
A feast of festive fare is being cooked up for fine diners at a pop-up restaurant at Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House in Wisbech.
The festive special, on Saturday December 9, is the latest in a series of 12 pop-up suppers staged at the home of the National Trust co-founder at 7 South Brink during the last year. The evening follows the mustard day there earlier this month.
Food consultant Alison Sloan, who is producing the three-course meal, said that the £15 a head charge covers the costs and that all profits go back to the museum.
She said: “It is really good fun to explore food from different countries and from different seasons and it is just a really lovely atmosphere.”
Peter Clayton, chairman of the Octavia Hill Birthplace Museum Trust, said: “Mustard day was a great success. The food was delicious and we are looking forward to the next one.”
You may also want to watch:
A few places are left for the festive supper, which starts at 7.30pm.
Contact Mrs Sloan on 07778 324250 to book for the bring your own drinks event.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 8 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 9 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 10 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout