Feast of festive fund-raising at Octavia Hill’s pop-up restaurant
- Credit: Archant
A feast of festive fare is being cooked up for fine diners at a pop-up restaurant at Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House in Wisbech.
The festive special, on Saturday December 9, is the latest in a series of 12 pop-up suppers staged at the home of the National Trust co-founder at 7 South Brink during the last year. The evening follows the mustard day there earlier this month.
Food consultant Alison Sloan, who is producing the three-course meal, said that the £15 a head charge covers the costs and that all profits go back to the museum.
She said: “It is really good fun to explore food from different countries and from different seasons and it is just a really lovely atmosphere.”
Peter Clayton, chairman of the Octavia Hill Birthplace Museum Trust, said: “Mustard day was a great success. The food was delicious and we are looking forward to the next one.”
You may also want to watch:
A few places are left for the festive supper, which starts at 7.30pm.
Contact Mrs Sloan on 07778 324250 to book for the bring your own drinks event.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time